Terms and Conditions
- All quotations given and contacts made by Dualway Transport (hereinafter referred to as “the company”) shall be subject to the terms and conditions listed below or printed on letters of confirmation, on the acceptance form, on advertising material, on website material or on email reply.
- The person responsible for all fees and charges relating to a booking (hereinafter will be referred to as the “hirer)
- The price quoted is on the basis of the information given at the time of the booking, and include time and distance the vehicle is required. Any extra time or mileage will be charged at a rate of quarter of the hourly rate for every 15 minutes extra the vehicle is retained or delayed. The Vintage coach requires additional journey time and should be considered at the time of hire.
- Additional services, not disclosed at the time of the booking which extend the time or distance, or require extra pick ups or drop off and which are not included in the package terms and conditions or quote will incur an extra charge, depending on the additional services used.
- Deposits, once paid, are non-refundable. A minimum eur200 is required to secure the hire of any vehicle. A cancellation fee of eur200 is payable on all movements if cancelled on the day of hire before the departure of a coach. In the event that a coach has commenced its journey to the hire a cancellation fee of full amount applies.
- The company reserve the right to alter routes in the event of traffic or unforeseen circumstances that may jeopardise the safety of the vehicle. Given the nature of The Vintage coach certain terrain is not suitable. All routes and/or locations will be determined by the company.
- As each vehicle has a maximum amount of passengers allowed depending on the make size and design and the amount of seat belt fitted, no overloaded is allowed in any circumstance. Large pieces of luggage, go-cars or prams are not permitted in the passenger compartment of a vechicle, and should the driver determine that by including a certain piece of luggage or item it will overload the vehicle or due to its weight make it unsafe to handle, he/she may refuse to take, load or lift it. Items of luggage, which are deemed to be dangerous or protrude from the vehicle, will not be permitted. There is an allowance of 1 large piece of luggage per person while travelling in a vehicle. Passengers should refrain from carrying luggage on seats or from placing their feet on seats while travelling or seated in a vehicle.
- If a client is not ready to depart at the pre-arranged time as booked for or by them, the Dualway Group or its agent shall be entitled to depart from the arranged pick up point after a minimum waiting period of 15 minutes as determined by the work ticket and the full charge of the transfer or booking shall still apply.
- The hirer of the vehicle will be liable for and required to pay for any damage to the vehicle, which is due to, or caused by the passengers being carried in the vehicle, an independent assessment of the damage will be furnished to evaluate the cost of the repair.
- A credit card charge of 3% is payable and will be added on all bookings paid using credit card payment. A charge of €7.50 is applicable to bookings paid by Bank transfers and is payable by the Hirer These charges are to cover the transaction fee’s charged to The Dualway Group and will equal and not exceed the amount charged by the bank in processing such transactions.
- Although the Company endeavours to ensure that vehicles arrive at their allotted time and date we cannot be held responsible for vehicles delayed due to traffic delays, vehicle accidents or mechanical breakdowns, or punctures.
- The company reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than that specified at no additional charge. The company reserves the right to substitute another vehicle (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities for all or part of the hiring, subject to such substitutes being of a least equivalent quality.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, all accounts are due for payment within 30 days from the date of invoice (time being of the essence of the contract) and unless so paid interest may be charged thereon at a rate of 2% above the rate for the time being fixed by the joint standing committee of the Associated Irish Banks for personal unsecured overdrafts. Such interest to accrue from day to day and be payable as well after as before any judgement if default is made in payment for any service on the date it falls due, the Company as its option shall be entitled to treat the contract as repudiated by the hirer and to claim damages. Where a contract provides for delivery of services by instalments, each instalment shall be charged for as if a separate contract. If the hirer shall make default in payment of any such instalment the Company may withhold or suspend further service until payment has been made and need not resume service unless and until arrangements have been made for further payments which are acceptable to the Company, or may rescind the contract without prejudice to its right to full compensation for breach thereof and without prejudice.
- In the event of complaint about the company’s service, the hirer should endeavour to seek a solution at the time by seeking assistance from the driver or from the company. If this has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing and within 7 days of the termination date of the hire.
- Other than on a vehicle fitted expressly for that purpose, food (except confectionery) and drink (including alcoholic beverages) may not be consumed on the vehicle without prior written consent from the company. In the event that prior permission has been granted the company reserve the right to refuse additional alcohol to any persons intoxicated causing danger to himself or other persons. For safety all drinking/eating receptacles provided are plastic unless agreed otherwise.
- Invoice adjustments on the hirer’s credit card of either extra charges or refunds will show on the credit card statement as The Dualway Group.
- This contract shall be governed by and construed in all respects (including the formation and performance thereof) in with the law of the republic of Ireland.
Dualway Coaches Limited Scheduled Services
Terms and Conditions
Dualway makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the contents of its website are accurate and up-to-date, but cannot accept responsibility for omissions, errors or subsequent changes.
Dualway, nor its agents, employees, or contractors may be held responsible for any loss occurring from its use, howsoever caused.
Journey Times to Dublin Airport
- Estimated journey times are provided as a guide only and may change due to traffic conditions and other circumstances outside our control. If travelling to Dublin Airport please remember to allow sufficient time between your coach arrival and your opening flight check-in time.
Breakdowns and delays
The Company gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the reasonable control of the company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result.
Route and Vehicle
- The Company reserves the right to substitute vehicles (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities. The route used will be at the discretion of the company.
Dogs and Other Animals
- Guide dogs and Assistance dogs accompanying passengers are permitted to travel on Dualway services free of charge and without restriction. An Assistance dog must be clearly identifiable either by coat or harness to distinguish it as a working dog and not a pet. Apart from the foregoing exceptions, dogs, cats or any other animals or live fowl of any description WILL NOT be carried.
- Property found in or on Dualway vehicles will be deposited at the nearest depot of the Company.
If lost property is unclaimed for a period in excess of two months, such property will be sold and the monies obtained will be used to defray any expenses incurred by Dualway in holding such property. No responsibility will be accepted by Dualway for loss of or damage to property belonging to a passenger which is lost or stolen on Dualway premises or on Dualway vehicles. Property found in or on Dualway vehicles will be deposited at the nearest depot of the Company, normally our depot based near Rathcoole, Co. Dublin.
Smoking and Alcohol
- Smoking, including the use of substitute cigarettes (e-cigarettes), and the consumption of alcohol is prohibited on all Dualway buses and coaches.
General Conditions of Carriage
- All seats on the coaches are provided with seat belts. Passengers are advised that seat belts must be worn for their own safety.
- Dualway reserves the right to refuse admission to the coach where it deems this necessary in the interests of safety.
Passengers are requested not to cause any nuisance to their fellow passengers and at all times to follow the directions of the driver of the coach.
- Dualway reserves the right to remove from the coach any passengers causing a disturbance or nuisance on the coach
- All luggage must be securely packed, fastened and locked before being placed in or taken on vehicles. All luggage must also be clearly labelled with the name, address and destination of the accompanying passenger.
- All items of passengers’ luggage carried by Dualway are at the owner’s risk, irrespective of whether or not they have been handed to a Dualway employee or agent and without regard to the part of the vehicle in which they are carried or by whom they have been so placed in such vehicle.
- Dualway, its employees, agents, and/or subcontractors shall not be liable for loss of and/or damage to passengers’ luggage or any passengers’ personal possessions, unless such loss or damage is proven to have been caused by the negligence, breach of duty or breach of statutory duty of Bus Éireann, its employees, agents or subcontractors.