Booking Terms & Conditions
1. What type of information do you require in order to provide me with a comprehensive quote?
In order for us to provide you with the best possible price and service it would be really helpful if you have all the details of your requirements to hand when you call.
Hints and tips to consider…
- Dates and times of your journey
- Where you would like the coach to meet you and where you are travelling to
- How many seats will you require on the vehicle?
- If toilets or WIFI are needed on board
- Is a vehicle with wheelchair access required?
- Any special requests, such carriage of extra baggage
2. Do I get charged if I cancel my booking?
All coach hire cancellations must be received in writing no less than 14 days prior to the date of departure. A 15% administration fee will automatically apply to any cancellation. Cancellations made with 48 hours of hire will incur a full charge.
3. How soon can you get a quote to me?
We promise to provide you with a quote within 24 hours of receipt of your email/ phone call.
4. Do I need to pay a deposit when I confirm?
Yes, We require a deposit of 50% to secure the booking for reservations made 6 months or more from your departure date, with full payment due no less than 7 days before time of departure. For all other bookings payment in full is required at time of booking.
5. Are your drivers dressed in uniform?
Yes, we believe that first impressions are important so like our vehicles our drivers are immaculately turned out. Dualway drivers arrive to each client in the corporate uniform which echoes the Dualway Transport livery and corporate image.
6. How will I recognise my bus?
All details, including your vehicle details, will be provided upon final confirmation of the job. Your vehicle will be described and if you have requested specific signage this will be displayed on the vehicle on arrival. To view a typical Dualway vehicle the Dualway fleet click here
7. Do I receive contact details for my driver?
All details, including your driver/ guide team details, will be provided upon final confirmation of the job and again 24hrs before the job.
8. What type of back up service to you have in the event of issues with vehicle?
Dualway’s main depot is located just 14km from Dublin City Centre or 20km from Dublin Airport so our 24hr back up service is close to hand. For vehicles travelling around the country of Ireland we have close working relationships with coach operators nationwide ensuring that we can have a replacement vehicle or maintenance team on site to ensure quick turnaround times.
9. Can I buy a ticket for the Bus Eireann run operated by Dualway?
Dualway do not sell tickets for Bus Eireann runs so these must be purchased directly through Bus Eireann. Please contact Bus Eireann here
10. Do school buses come fitted with seat belts?
Yes, all Dualway school vehicles are fully fitted with seat belts.
11. How often are vehicles checked?
All Dualway vehicles undergo a routine 5 week check. In addition drivers conduct pre and post-departure vehicle checks to ensure our fleet is working ship shape.
12. What type of safety policies and measures do you have in place?
One of Dualway’s core values is Uncompromising Safety and supporting this value we ensure the following:
- our drivers undergo a Safe Driving course annually
- we conduct random breathalyser checks each morning
- our vehicles undergo routine 5 week checks
- we carry a first aid kit onboard each vehicle
- ALL drivers comply with annual CPC training
- Our onsite driver assessor conducts regular assessments of all drivers
13. How do I recover/ claim lost property from a vehicle I have travelled on?
It is not unusual for passengers to leave items such as umbrellas, gloves or mobile phones behind when they get out of a vehicle.
If this happens to you, here’s what to do: –
Call a member of the Dualway Transport operations team at 01-4580054 as soon as possible giving as much description of the item in question along with the location you were sitting on the vehicle: they will do everything they can to get your property back.
Once found lost property can be collected from our Head Office in Rathcoole or we can arrange for it to be dropped into Dublin City Centre.
14. Can I bring/ carry with me my assistance aid/ guide dog and mobility aids?
YES. PSVs (public service vehicles) must carry guide dogs and mobility aids at no extra charge for customers who need them.
15. Can I book a wheelchair accessible vehicle?
Our double decker fleet is wheelchair accessible. Our coach fleet is not. Let our team know what you need and they will do their very best to organise a transport solution.
16. How do I commend a driver if I receive exceptional service?
If you feel you have received exceptionally good service and would like to commend the driver you can call us at 01-4580054; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a post-trip feedback form which will be emailed out a week after your job is complete. Your driver’s and guide’s details will be noted in your booking confirmation details.
17. How can I make a complaint if the service feel below my expectations?
If you feel you have received a service that fell short of your expectations you can call us at 01-4580054; email us at email@example.com or complete a post-trip feedback form which will be emailed out a week after your job is complete. Your driver’s and guide’s details will be noted in your booking confirmation details.
18. Can a driver refuse to carry a passenger?
Yes. A driver may reasonably refuse to:
- Carry, or continue to carry, passengers who are acting in a disorderly, abusive or offensive manner;
- Carry, or continue to carry, passengers who are likely to soil or damage the vehicle.
- Allow passengers to consume alcohol in the vehicle;
19. What currency is accepted in Ireland?
The Euro is the only currency that is officially recognised as legal tender in the Republic of Ireland. The British Pound is legal tender in Northern Ireland.
20. Do I need a passport to visit Ireland?
To enter Ireland, you need a valid passport. UK citizens do not require a passport to enter Ireland but carriers by air or sea require some form of identification with a photograph (usually either a passport or driving license with photo). ALWAYS check what form of ID is required with your individual airline, ferry company or travel agent before travelling.
EU citizens are required to have a passport or national identity card; while citizens of all other countries must have a valid passport. ALWAYS check what form of ID is required with your individual airline, ferry company or travel agent before travelling.
21. Do I require a visa to visit Ireland?
Citizens of the EEA member states (the 27 countries of the European Union EU, together with Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) and many other countries including USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand do not require visas to gain entry to Ireland. The full list of countries whose citizens do NOT require a visa can be found here.
Citizens of all other countries should contact their local Irish Embassy prior to travelling to Ireland. Irish visa information can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs website and citizens information website
From July 2012 extending for a period of four years, tourists from 14 nations that previously did require a visa to holiday in Ireland will not need a separate Irish visa if they have a short-term UK visa. Check here for a list of the countries able to avail of this visa waiver scheme.